Sunday 25 November 2012

Bedtime


It's time for my kids to go to bed. Every night we read a story or two and we sing "Beautiful Boy" by Lennon. Reading bedtime stories has been one of the best decisions Mariana and I have made. Iñaki would tell us stories from a very young age, and as soon as he started talking he would tell us by heart the story of  "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle, one of our favourites. Until a few months ago, Iker did not make it awake to the end of the story, he usually succumbed to the arms of Morpheus. Now he's started to tell stories half in English, half in Spanish. Our boys sing along "Beautiful Boy" in some parts of the song, it melts my heart to hear their sweet little voices...

A few nights ago, Mariana read them a story and I sang the song, as they were laying with their eyes half closed and yawning, inspired and loving I approached Iñaki to kiss him on his forehead and say "nighty night my love, I love you" and he replied: "You have bad breath, you need to brush your teeth" (Sound of scratching a vinyl LP) ... Obviously I had a big laugh and checked my breath; it just smelled like coffee ... bitter coffee ... very bitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment